Not My Choice...

I find it amusing that you fail to leave your website url, your name, you post as Anonymous and the email address you used to sign up to our forums can not be located in our client database.

I also find it even more amusing that you entered the forums using a proxy from overseas.

:o :dance:

Please be more specific or your post will be removed.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, although without anything backing up that opinion, and the obvious effort made to keep your identity hidden, I dont think many people are going to value that opinion much.

If you are/were unhappy with the service tell everyone why, if its a legit reason odds are we would fix it. As it looks now, you come across as a disgruntled former customer that probably got terminated for hosting illegal content, or because you were spamming.

There will always be someone that isnt happy. You cant please everyone no matter how hard you try. We dont cover up or delete "bad reviews" as long as they appear to be vaild or have a legitimate complaint. Which this one obviously doesnt.

Most complaints we do get would be easily resolved if the person complaining had just talked to someone.

[You're right BG - analogy rescended.]

Get real - people don't listen to drivel like your anonymous and factless statement. Besides, if it were a legit gripe then why not state the problem and ask for a refund instead of the anon-hit-and-run you tried to pull off?

Edited by TCH-Jim

Hey all,

We sometimes do fail, it is simply human nature to fail. I would never tell anyone that TCH is perfect. We are not. However, when we fail we always try to make things right.

This customer was not happy, but I just wish he/she would have given us the chance to make things right. As everyone knows we would have.

The person who posted this anonymous complaint appears to be doing it just for malicious intent...it's certainly likely that it's someone from another web hosting company.

I for one never take anonymous opinions seriously. Never have, never will. My experience has been that TCH is the absolute BEST web host around. I like them so much that I encouraged a "client" of mine to switch web hosts. When I am done building his web site, he's going to host it with TCH. It's that kind of word-of-mouth advertising and referral that indicates what a high quality operation TCH has got going for itself.

TCH offers too much (with excellent customer service, I might add) for such a darn reasonable price that it's impossible to see why anyone would make such slanderous comments. Clearly, they never communicated with the support staff or their problems would have been immediately resolved. Your customer support and technical staff are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. Always patient, kind, and have the utmost of professional service. It must be great to be an employee here knowing that you work for an ethical, professional company that values its clients. If it values its clients and customers this much, imagine the respect and support its employees receive. What a wonderful job to have!

It truly is a family around here, as we can see from all the posts that have come to the support of TCH. I am proud to say that I'm a member of this family and consider myself one of the most fortunate individuals that I found TCH and didn't get wrapped up with some other lower quality web host.

TCH -- You rock my web world!

Rock Sign

Kasey

The person who posted this anonymous complaint appears to be doing it just for malicious intent...it's certainly likely that it's someone from another web hosting company.

I for one never take anonymous opinions seriously. Never have, never will. My experience has been that TCH is the absolute BEST web host around. I like them so much that I encouraged a "client" of mine to switch web hosts. When I am done building his web site, he's going to host it with TCH. It's that kind of word-of-mouth advertising and referral that indicates what a high quality operation TCH has got going for itself.

TCH offers too much (with excellent customer service, I might add) for such a darn reasonable price that it's impossible to see why anyone would make such slanderous comments. Clearly, they never communicated with the support staff or their problems would have been immediately resolved. Your customer support and technical staff are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. Always patient, kind, and have the utmost of professional service. It must be great to be an employee here knowing that you work for an ethical, professional company that values its clients. If it values its clients and customers this much, imagine the respect and support its employees receive. What a wonderful job to have!

It truly is a family around here, as we can see from all the posts that have come to the support of TCH. I am proud to say that I'm a member of this family and consider myself one of the most fortunate individuals that I found TCH and didn't get wrapped up with some other lower quality web host.

TCH -- You rock my web world!

Rock Sign

Kasey

woof!

I have been here just over a year and no complaints yet.... Sure looks suspicious!

Can we start a pool on when they will return to legitimize their complaint? (Most likely they never will.)

Rock Sign

Mr Bill :Nerd:

Hey Bill,

I think it was a bot. TCH is awesome, the "perfect" hosting company would be the one, that payed you for using their service!!!

Rock Sign TCH is still best in my book!

been here for less than a month..all my problems have been solved in a timely manner...and really and truly I have no complaints, all TCH's services have worked well...and thus far I would highly recommend you guys...and My name is Juma Bannister...so now that i revealed who I am...let Mr. Anonymity reveal who he is if his comments are as valid as mine...

Keep up the good work fellas Thumbs Up

Juma

Something funny just occurred to me...

The guy who started up this post just had it backlash on him in a big way. He tried to slander TCH, but what ended up happening was the family coming in here, calling him out, and explaining why TCH is just so incredibly awesome.

His "bad TCH" post turned into a "good TCH" post that revealed that we family members have brains, hehe.

Should we close this thread?

No. Can't you hear it now? "I posted an innocent opinion and they deleted my post!"

I think the replies will do more good than the worthlessness of the post itself does harm. Let everyone see how our family members respond to this kind of stuff.

Should we close this thread?

I agree with not closing the thread. I recently had a photographer email me as she was looking into hosting with TCH. She told me she saw the "client testimonials" on the website, but wanted a more direct opinion.

I assured her that all those testimonials were REAL. I told her to visit the forums if she wanted a good idea of how TCH handles business. I also told her to look for the "complaint" posts to get an even better feel for TCH.

This is one that is a prime example. How could anyone go somewhere else for hosting after reading a forum thread such as this????? Rock Sign

Hi,

Dont close this topic untill it gets toooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

I would say TCH lets you grow with their superb server speeds, and

re-sellers plan you always wanted to have, without compromising with support

u get.

Keep it up, iam with you all, after all we are a family here.

My day stays incomplete if i don't visit this new home of mine.

Seeya,

manu

I have only been here a short time as well. While I had some fun figuring out cPanel at first (was just so used to no control over a site unless it was a dedicated server), everything has gone smoothly for me.

Having been with several hosts in the past, TCH is such a refreshing and welcome change. No other host is so friendly, willing to help or honest about what is going on. Case in point: the server status forum... you normally have to find out that you are down or something else and talk to 3 or 4 different techs before you know anything... and even then it was typically just some canned response.

I have told everyone I have contact with in my professional and personal life that they should consider changing or starting a hosting acct with TCH. I just like it here that much. :Rock Sign:

In my short time, I have become active in the boards, mostly in Off Topic discussions, but also in some of the help areas... trying to help others where possible. Many hosting companies discourage customers from talking to each other and will only provide flagship customers as references. The candid discussions allowed at the TCH forums are a recurring tribute to TCH's standard of keeping happy customers. They have nothing to hide or fear due to the exceptional service, and it shows in the forums.

If this person is serious, they should validate their statement with some sort of reason as to why it was not their choice. A bland statement of "it ain't for me" is acceptable, but could definitely use a little explainationfor the masses. If something is wrong here, don't just fire and forget a complaint... see if the company is willing to work with you to right the perceived wrong. This is true for ANY company you deal with.

Thanks Bill and TCh for making this a place where you can speak your mind, even if it isn't the popular belief. And thanks to the many TCH clients that are willing to listen to a difference of opinions. And thanks to all for making attempts to offer up assistance or guidance to the truth of the matters posted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rock Sign -- did I mention that? Yeah, I think I did. Referred 10 other people here now and they are all happy, too. TCH rocks and when they stumble, they do right by you. I have used half a dozen other companies for hosting and there is not one I would put above TCH. Rock on, family!

You know, its threads like this that make me realize how fortunate we are to be apart of TCH.

They say if you do good things and help others, good Karma comes back to you.

The day I went to the web and typed in "reseller, hosting" and found TCH.. the good Karma came back to me.

I have come farther in one month with TCH then in one year with my old host.

This forum is fab..its the main reason I signed up with TCH. I always need help and someone to share with...and you know, I feel sorry for the person who posted that first post.

They will never have a relationship like we all do, with a great hosting company, full of awesome members and Techies you want to squeeze. LOL!!

Weezy

I've had so many trolls on my board, it's easy to recognize them. This is a troll.

On the other hand, there are situations where a shared hosting account with TCH isn't the way to go. Those situations would be:

1) when you're looking for ASP hosting (TCH doesn't currently offer windows hosting)

2) when you need a host that will look the other way if you do really large and fast mass mailing.

3) When you insist on certain resource hog software that isn't allowed here, such as Greymatter - on a shared account.

4) When you are planning on setting up a warez site.

I'm sure there are other situations.

But for me, the best thing about TCH is the forums. They make me confident I can solve problems that another webhost wouldn't help me with. I wouldn't go to helpdesk with some of the stuff I've had help with on the forums. That's not what they're there for.

I've seen forums on lots of hosts recently, but they have one or two forum hosts that are active and knowledgeable. On here it seems the really knowledgeable and active customers eventually get promoted to forum moderators. Which means we have plenty of people who LIKES helping newbies. I haven't seen that done on a large scale anywhere else, so far.

Annie,

No offense but.

Your list of reasons not to host on TCH (with the exception on #1) are the reasons our clients enjoy awesome uptime and fast servers.

Lets go thru your list.

1) when you're looking for ASP hosting (TCH doesn't currently offer windows hosting)

We are not a windows host. There are solutions for ASP over linux but none have proven to be reliable.

2) when you need a host that will look the other way if you do really large and fast mass mailing.

We do not host spammers. We DO allow mass emailing within certain areas. If you have a massive email to send we always suggest that you submit a help desk ticket and let us know. We can always help. Why we dont look the other way? IP Blacklisting, mainly. If a email triggers spamcop or any of the other RBL's and the server ip's get blacklisted its a very ugly thing. Clients emails start bouncing and it can be difficult to get the ips removed. Also, if we looked the other way, TCH would be known as a host that allows spam. Our servers would then get filled with clients that send massive amounts of email. This will then slow down the servers, clients will complain and cancel and so on. ;)

3) When you insist on certain resource hog software that isn't allowed here, such as Greymatter - on a shared account.

Well this is shared hosting. Any script that is run that is abusive is frowned upon. I am sure you wouldnt like your neighbor using 99% of the server resources. As you wait for 3 minutes for your page to load :lol:

4) When you are planning on setting up a warez site.

We do not allow the hosting of warez period. No need to explain this one. I hope.

Bill

I see you misunderstood my post.

Those reasons I set up there that would make TCH a bad choice for some, are among the reasons I'm here today.

I always get an explanation for why something is a good or bad choice in a shared hosting environment.

1) I don't want to be booted off the server for excessive resource usage

2) I don't want the server to slow down because someone else wasn't booted off the server for excessive resource usage.

By having these topics explained interactively, I should be OK, and the server should be OK.

If I need to know something, there are always someone around to explain or guess for me, before I do something really stupid.

okay adding to the already lengthy thread here... :)

Most of you have been through the hell of bad hosts, slow servers etc.

Not me, I am so new at this it isn't even funny!

But with all the questions I've posted that I'm sure a few chuckled about saying newbie under their breath, I've always got an answer if it's to fill out a help ticket. Everyone here has been friendly helpful and downright awesome so that my first experience with hosting has been unbelieveably great! :)

So cheers to the family and thank you! I don't think I would even consider trying another hosting company after this! Glad I lucked out the first time!

Hugs!

Sorry to spoil the show folks.Everyone got their own opinion right.Here's mine.This host ain't my choice.No need to elaborate.That's all.Bye

Anonymous

I wish this person would have at least left a reason why he left TCH. What isn't there to like?

Let me set the record straight, I host 12 of my websites with Total Choice.

The reasons, let me tell you

1. Service to price ratio ( these guys bend over backwards supporting clients)

2. We are consistently receiving compliments on how fast our sites load.

(maybe a little to with coding :) ) but more to do with top notch Total Choice Servers

3. In 3 years our sites have never gone down. Definately the type of service you want and need when you are working with municipalities such as we do.

Thank you TOTAL CHOICE Keep up the awesome work

Paul Harris

Dynamic Digital Designs

Laconia NH

Let me set the record straight, I host 12 of my websites with Total Choice.

The reasons, let me tell you

1. Service to price ratio ( these guys bend over backwards supporting clients)

2. We are consistently receiving compliments on how fast our sites load.

(maybe a little to with coding :shutup: ) but more to do with top notch Total Choice Servers

3. In 3 years our sites have never gone down. Definately the type of service you want and need when you are working with municipalities such as we do.

Thank you TOTAL CHOICE Keep up the awesome work

Paul Harris

Dynamic Digital Designs

Laconia NH

I agree with you 100%. They are leaping the competition. Rock Sign

HG The first thing that struck me when i read that was that it was probably a troll/spam etc. No one can bad mouth TCH because its just impossible. The service here is so amazing you just cannot say its bad !

I second that.

This is hands down THE BEST hosting company on the face of the planet.

Nuff said!

Nat